Players in age groups from U7-U18 are placed on Legacy teams through a tryout process. Players will be placed on a Legacy team based on their age, soccer skills and athletic ability. The goal is to create multiple teams at each age level and to place players onto a team which best suits his or her technical ability and desire. Players who are not yet ready for competitive soccer are referred to our Recreational or Excel program. Players are also identified for the program based on evaluation during the Recreational or Excel season by the various coaches and directors. Every year ALL players new or returning have to complete the tryouts to earn their way onto any of the individual Legacy teams.
Our competitive teams are labeled as Legacy Red, Legacy White and Legacy Blue. The players deemed to have the highest current playing ability are placed on the Red team. The 2nd group is placed on the White team. The 3rd group is placed on the Blue team.
ASSESSMENT INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- All players must register to attend assessments. There is a charge $15.00 (t-shirt included) that you can pay on line at time of registration.
- Players must attend the sessions for their own age group
- U7-U15 players wishing to try out one year up must obtain permission from the DOC
- Players with August birthdates may choose to tryout for the age group one up from their own without any special recommendation or permission from DOC.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the session
- Handouts on the Legacy program, including costs and tentative schedules, will be distributed prior to the session
- Coaches will speak with parents at the start of the session
- Attend as many sessions as possible to gain maximum exposure to the coaching staff. It is not mandatory to attend every session to be placed on a team. Please contact the coach if you cannot attend a session.
- Wear appropriate soccer attire (shin guards, socks over the shin guards, soccer shorts, t-shirt)
- Bring a soccer ball appropriately sized for the age group
- Bring plenty of water
Legacy Tryout Dates - FINAL TRYOUT SCHEDULE
May 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 - U7(07’s) to U12(02’s)
May 18, 20, 21, 22, 23 - U13(01’s) to U18(96’s)