Legacy Tryout Dates - 2016/17
May 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 2016: U7 (10’s) to U12 (05’s)
May 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 2016: U13 (04’s) to U18/19 (98’s)
A detailed schedule will be posted in late spring.
NEW US SOCCER Birth Year Age Matrix
Players in age groups from U7-U19 are placed on our competitive Legacy teams through a tryout process. Players will be placed on a Legacy team based on their age, soccer skills and athletic ability. The goal is to create multiple teams at each age level and to place players onto a team which best suits his or her technical ability. Players who are not yet ready for competitive soccer are referred to our Legacy Recreational or Legacy Excel program. Players are also identified for the program based on evaluation during the Legacy Recreational or Legacy Excel season by the various coaches and directors. Every year ALL players new or returning have to attend tryouts to earn their way onto any of the individual Legacy teams.
Our competitive teams are labeled as Legacy Red, Legacy White, Legacy Blue, Legacy Gold, Legacy Silver, Legacy Bronze. The players deemed to have the highest current playing ability are placed on the Red team. The 2nd group is placed on the White team. The 3rd group is placed on the Blue team, etc.
- The Legacy program has strict Playing Up guidelines. No U7-15 players are allowed to play up. U16-U19 have no Playing Up restrictions.
- Legacy teams will be formed using the new US Soccer calendar year format for all U7-U15 teams. Although, players born in 2002 can be placed on our U16/15 teams. Our other older Legacy teams will be formed as calendar year U17/16, U18/17, and U19/U18 Legacy teams.
- Legacy teams will play in the new US Soccer playing formats. U7-U8 (4v4), U9-U10 (7v7), U11-U12 (9v9), U13-U19 (11v11).
LEGACY TRYOUT INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- All players will need to check in at the tryout desk on the fields prior to all three tryout sessions. It’s recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the first tryout. On the first day of tryouts every player at check in will receive a Legacy tryout T-Shirt and a tryout $15 fee be collected. Online registration and payment is encouraged to reduce check in time.
- It’s recommended to attend all three tryout sessions to gain maximum exposure to the coaching staff. It is not mandatory to attend every session to be placed on a team. Please contact the coach directly if you cannot attend any of the tryout sessions.
- Handouts on the Legacy program, including costs and tentative schedules, will be distributed by email prior to tryouts or will be available at the tryout desk. The new 2016/17 Legacy fees will be posted shortly before tryouts on the “Legacy Fees” tab under “Legacy Program” page on our web site.
- You can find all our Legacy coaches background information on our web site under “Coaches”. Click on the coach’s name on the left side of the page for their bio’s information.
- Coaches will speak with parents at the start or the end of each tryout session.
- Wear appropriate soccer attire (shin guards, socks over the shin guards, soccer shorts) and bring a soccer ball appropriately sized for the age group and water.
For more information about the Legacy Program go to: http://www.santansoccer.com/Legacy/index_E.html.