Legacy Tryout Dates - 2015/16
May 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 2015 - U7 (09’s) to U12 (04’s)
May 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 2015 - U13 (03’s) to U18 (98’s)
Players in age groups from U7-U18 are placed on our competitive Legacy teams through a tryout process. Players will be placed on a Legacy team based on their age, soccer skills and athletic ability. The goal is to create multiple teams at each age level and to place players onto a team which best suits his or her technical ability and desire. Players who are not yet ready for competitive soccer are referred to our Legacy Recreational or Legacy Excel program. Players are also identified for the program based on evaluation during the Legacy Recreational or Lergacy Excel season by the various coaches and directors. Every year ALL players new or returning have to complete the tryouts to earn their way onto any of the individual Legacy teams.
Our competitive teams are labeled as Legacy Red, Legacy White, Legacy Blue, Legacy Gold, and Legacy Silver. The players deemed to have the highest current playing ability are placed on the Red team. The 2nd group is placed on the White team. The 3rd group is placed on the Blue team, etc.
LEGACY TRYOUT INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- All players will need to check in at the tryout desk on the fields prior to all three tryout sessions. It’s recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the first tryout. On the first day of tryouts every player at check in will receive a Legacy tryout T-Shirt and a tryout $15 fee be collected.
- It’s recommended to attend all three tryout sessions to gain maximum exposure to the coaching staff. It is not mandatory to attend every session to be placed on a team. Please contact the coach directly if you cannot attend any of the tryout sessions.
- Handouts on the Legacy program, including costs and tentative schedules, will be distributed by email prior to tryouts or will be available at the tryout desk. The new 2015/16 Legacy fees will be posted shortly before tryouts on our “Legacy Fees” tab under our “Legacy Program” page on our web site.
- You can find all our Legacy coaches background information on our web site under “Coaches”. Click on the coach’s name on the left side of the page for their bio’s information.
- Coaches will speak with parents at the start or the end of each tryout session.
- Wear appropriate soccer attire (shin guards, socks over the shin guards, soccer shorts) and bring a soccer ball appropriately sized for the age group and water.
- U7-U15 players wishing to try out one year up must obtain permission from the DOC. The Legacy program has a strict Playing Up Policy. Regardless, all players trying out in the U7-U15 must attend at least one tryout session for their own age group to even be considered to play up.
- New Legacy players with August birthdates (starting 2015/16) may NO longer play up one age group. Returning Legacy players with August birthdates prior to the 2015/16 season are grandfathered in and may return to tryout for the age group one up from their own without any special recommendation or permission from DOC.
For more information about the Legacy Program go to: http://www.santansoccer.com/Legacy/index_E.html.