LEGACY REC TRAINING COODINATOR: Chris Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Legacy Recreational players, teams and volunteer coaches are supported from the Legacy Rec Training Coordinator Chris Klein, along with the Legacy Director of Coaching, Andy Bonchonsky, have developed a program to foster the development of these players. We offer to all of our Legacy Recreational teams an option to substitute one of the teams weekly practices to participate in a practice run by our Legacy professional coaching staff. The program also encourages our Legacy Recreational coaches to participate with their teams at these practices to gain experience and help under our staff.
- Develop the players by teaching fundamental skills and strategies at age appropriate levels.
- Capitalize on each player’s talent and potential by exposing them, on a consistent basis, to the very best coaching and training as they grow and mature.
- Provide players the necessary fundamentals to pursue a soccer career at the high school and college level.
- Expand the players, coaches and parents knowledge about the game.
- Give players the opportunity to learn how to play soccer while having fun.
Our curriculum in this age group will be based on fun and establishing a basic understanding of the rules of the game. Enjoying the game is always a great motivation. Practice sessions will have exercises to develop coordination, agility, speed of reaction and foot skills. This curriculum is developed with the participation of the coach-parents at the practices along with the Legacy Recreational Training Coodinator, the technical development is based on fun educational games and small side games with small goals or Goal keeper. Keeper training is also provided.
Weekly Lesson plans will be available at coaches’ requests. The format for the lesson plans will be as follows:
- Daily Topic
- Practice Objectives
- Warm-up Activities
- Practice Focus
Location: Snedigar Sportsplex Field 9 (Enter east side of the park off of Basha Rd)
Session will occur each week through Feb 25th.
Monday 6-6:30pm U4/5 Wednesday 6-7pm U7/8/9
Monday 6:30-7pm U5/6
Monday 7-8pm for U10& older Wednesday 7-8pm for U10 & older
No sign-ups required. Just come to an age appropriate session. This is open to all rec players regardless of team participation.
- Players must wear shin guards, soccer t-shirt, soccer shorts, soccer cleats, no jean shorts
- No jewelry during the practice or game (necklaces, earrings etc.)
- Players should bring plenty of water
- Players must bring an age appropriate soccer ball:
- U4 - U8 = Size #3
- U9 - U12 = Size #4
- U13 and up = Size #5