The Field Player Skills Camps are conducted by Andy Bonchonsky - San Tan Director of Coaching
Andy’s background includes:
- 12 years of College coaching (8 years UC Berkeley Head Women’s Soccer Coach)
- 11 years of High School coaching
- 12 years as a California Olympic Development Program State coach
- 4 years as a Olympic Development Program West Regional staff coach
- 10 years Director of Coaching for the Bay Oaks Soccer Club in Northern California
- 15 years of Youth Club coaching
- 30 years of camp coaching experience
- Former UCLA standout soccer player
The Camp is designed to develop Magic touches on the Ball Campers will learn over 16 dribbling moves to beat an opponent. Learn to strike the ball with different surfaces of the foot. Collect the ball on a dime. Develop a soft touch of the ball and increase your juggling skills. Come get over 500 quality touches of the ball each day. All skills taught in a fun environment!
The Goalkeeper Camps are conducted by Bryan Gerard - SANTAN SC Director of Goalkeeping
Bryan’s background includes:
- Started playing soccer in the San Tan Soccer club when he was 7 years old. And has club playing experience at AZFC and Gilbert Arsenal. He has also played in the local men’s leagues with Rio Salado and EVSL.
- In high school Bryan played at Hamilton HS on varsity as a Freshman and later played at Mt Pointe HS. He set several records including least goals allowed in a season, most saves in a game, and longest clean sleet record.
- Bryan played his college soccer at Kansas Wesleyan University.
- Bryan is also a staff member/coach for the national Soccer Plus soccer camps.
- This is Bryan’s fifth year as the San Tan Director of Goalkeeping.
The Camp is designed to develop the individual technical and team tactical skills need for goalkeepers of all ages! Campers will learn technique needed for shot stopping, tactics for controlling the penalty area, and skills needed for accurate distribution.